SlapOS Home SlapOS

Re: request API question: partition_reference versus instance_guid

• Last Update:2014-10-14
    • Version:001
    • Language:en

Hi,

when requesting many instances by a script then sometimes I have a list of instances and I would like to know the partition_reference of each instance. But there is no getPartitionReference(), there is only getInstanceGuid(). With instance_guid I cannot request the instance. So at the moment I have to keep a dict or tuple when requestion many instance to not forget partition_reference. Is this by design or might an getPartitionReference() method be added in the future ?

Regards,

Klaus

Hello Klaus,

Long story short :

1/ I am writing a way to get all informations of a partition without having to use request. It will be used as a getter (on the contrary of request() which is more of a setter).

2/ In this new getter, I will include partition reference.

This should be done in the next days, but may require a bit more time to be put in production. I am using a new version of the REST HATEOAS API to do this.

There are currently no plans to include partition_reference in request(), but I am also introducing a way to get ALL services of a user (either from bash/CLI or from SLAP python library). Does it sounds OK for your use case? 

Regards,

Cedric